Created “Nadia” promotion game for PFCongress 2011.
Male counterbalance and PHPWomen Protege Program driver.
Lead Web Developer (Labs team; remote contracting)
Created and improved several internal web applications and dashboards. Setup CI environment. Worked with research scientists to transform raw data to untrained-people- friendly output. Learned Ruby to maintain a web application but also learned why Ruby wasn’t made for me.
PHP Developer (eBiz team; remote contracting)
After finishing the initial launch of the new CMS, taking complaints & requests from various internal customers to a solution in production. Advised internal customers on how IT can suit their needs. Responsible for the front-ends of most public facing sites and their connection to the backend.
PHP Software Engineer (DevZone team; moonlighting)
Taking complaints & requests from Editor-in-Chief to a solution in staging. Documenting and debugging of old code. The contracting work here has led to a FTE contract at the eBiz team (see above).
- Callcenter TAP (largest telephone company in NL) - Technical Assistance Point for inbound call-agents. Outbound resolving of “stuck” cases, that no procedure could fix. Recognizing and documenting new trends, and writing proposals to improve procedures.
- Store manager/IT repear/development (small computer store) - Hired for retail-sales and customer PC repairs, but recognized the failing business and got a chance to improve it. Increased revenue to the point where debt-free would be achieved in another year. Replaced XLS invoices with a self-written POS system (C#, MySQL), and introduced a webstore (PHP, MySQL) and general registration and reporting system for all assets (customer and shop owned) on premises (C#, MySQL).
- Linux System Administator / Support Engineer (dedicated/managed hosting company) - Assembling and repairing (new) servers for dedicated-hosting clients. Managed servers (Win2k3, Fedora, Plesk) and network services (APC, firewalls) on inbound support requests (phone/email). Created & Implemented a web-driven unattended installation system for servers (Win2k3 & Fedora) using PHP, MySQL and Bash.
- IT Guy (start-up) - Design, development and implementation of web applications (e-commerce, CMS) for in- house and customers (first ASP VBScript, then PHP). Advising and realizing IT infrastructure for SOHO (network, servers & workstations). System administration of co- located Linux servers.
- System Administrator/retail sales (internship) (small computer store) - Assembling and repairing of computer systems (hard&soft-ware issues). Retail sales of computer hardware and complete systems.